Edgar is a PhD student at the Marine Sciences Institute of Barcelona (ICM-CSIC), where he is jointly supervised by Emma Cebrian, Joaquim Garrabou and I. Much of his research focuses on the structure and dynamics of coralligenous outcrops dominated by the red gorgonian Paramuricea clavata and the precious red coral Corallium rubrum. The PhD grant is linked to the Biorock Project (Spanish Minister of Economy and Innovation, CTM 2009-08045).
Stefano obtained his Biology Degree at the University of Trieste (Italy) and since 2010 he is participating in different scientific projects coordinated by Josep-Maria Gili at the Marine Sciences Institute of Barcelona (ICM-CSIC). He is analysing macrobenthic diversity patterns associated to environmental factors along the Antarctic Peninsula from the expedition ANT XXIX/9 on board the R/V Polarstern.
Jana is a marine student at the Center for Advanced Studies of Blanes (CEAB-CSIC). She is focusing on the analysis of biodiversity patterns of the coralligenous outcrops by analyzing photographic transects along the western Mediterranean. Previously, Jana has completed her Ms at the University of Barcelona on the effects of mass mortality events on coralligenous outcrops at the National Park of Cabrera
Past Ms Students at the Centre d’Océanologie de Marseille (COM-CNRS, France), the ICM-CSIC, and the University of Barcelona include:
- Paola Garcia now at the University of the Azores
- Eli Bonfill now at the Plankton Association and the ACOIO.
- MC Pineda now Postdoc at the Australian Institute of Marine Science
- Sadhbh Juárez now at the Faculty of Environment and Natural Resources-University of Freiburg
- Thomas Prelot
- Eva Marquez
I teach several undergraduate and graduate courses as Assistant professor at the University of Barcelona (UB):
- 2014: Summer Course Ramon Margalef (ICM-CSIC).
- 2007-2011: Marine Reserves: Oceanography & Marine Environment Management. Master in Marine Science (UB)
- 2011-2012: Community and Population Ecology. Degree of Environmental Sciences (UB)
- 2012-2013: Advances in Ecology of Populations and Communities. Master in Ecology and Restoration (UB).